Leader of Secondary and Teacher
(temporary – maternity cover)
We are seeking an experienced person to lead the Secondary school at NIS from August 2021. The position is full time and temporary (maternity cover).
The successful candidate will be a part of the senior leadership team. The successful candidate has responsibility for the coordination and development of the programme for 11-16 year olds and embedding the school philosophy in teaching and learning throughout the programme. Specifically, this will involve communication and administration of the programme, assessment and progression administration, responsibility for coordination learning support as well as providing ongoing pedagogical leadership to the Secondary team.
The role also involves teaching within the Secondary school, within the successful candidate’s subject specialty.
What we can offer:
North Zealand International School is a department of NGG (Nordsjællands Grundskole og Gymnasium); a school that is in an exciting phase of its development. The successful candidate will be part of a leadership and teaching team which is dedicated to developing student learning, in line with the overall strategic plan for the school. Collaboration is valued and seen as essential to this. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic, international learning and teaching environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Have qualified teacher status and teaching experience within at least one of the subjects offered in the NIS Secondary school.
- Have proven pedagogical leadership experience and ability to lead a team with a unified approach.
- Have experience of working within a Secondary school, preferably in an international school setting and with experience of Cambridge IGCSE.
- Have strong communication skills; be comfortable delivering in-house professional learning and information meetings.
- Be able to lead curriculum planning, design, delivery and review by working with the teaching team and other stakeholders to maintain high standards of teaching and learning.
- Be able to plan collaboratively and supportively within the leadership and staff team and across other departments in the school, both vertically and horizontally.
The deadline for applications is 30th April 2021.
Ansættelse sker i henhold til organisationsaftale af fællesoverenskomst mellem finansministeriet og Lærerne Centralorganisation. Skolen bestyrelse har besluttet, at ansættelse sker under forudsætning af ren straffeattest.
North Zealand International School
Tel: 45 57 26 16