IB Diploma Programme
NGG International School is a candidate school* for the Diploma Programme. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students.
We are delighted to announce that NGG International School is now a candidate school* for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. As a school, we are pursuing authorisation as an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School because we believe this will be the best programme for our students to achieve their ambitions. The IB Diploma is a university entrance qualification recognised throughout the world. We will join 4,700 schools worldwide who share a common philosophy and commitment to a high-quality, challenging international education. You can read more about the IB Diploma here.
How our students will benefit
The IB Diploma programme is a rigorous academic course which develops lifelong learners by putting personal development at its core. We are choosing this programme because our students:
- will learn to manage their own learning and develop critical thinking skills
- will engage with people in an increasingly globalised world
- will enhance their cultural awareness and
- will gain access to the world’s top universities.
Read more about the benefits.
From August 2021, NGGI plans to offer the two-year course leading to the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma for students in Year 12 and 13.
The Diploma Programme (DP) curriculum is made up of six subject groups and the DP Core. The DP Core includes the Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) and the Extended Essay.
Our students will choose courses from the following six subject groups:
- Studies in language and literature;
- Language acquisition;
- Individuals and societies;
- The arts.
NGG International School plans to offer a range of courses within these groups. Read more about the IB Diploma programme.
Our students enjoy the small close-knit community NGGI provides. The small classes mean our students benefit from individual attention and feedback which ensures they can enhance their performance. Our dedicated teachers offer a range of perspectives to aid the student’s global awareness.
* Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP), or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted.
For further information about the IB and its programmes visit http://www.ibo.org.