Our Pre- IB: Getting you ready for the IB Diploma Programme
Would you like to become part of a class with students from across the world and study in an international environment, closely aligned with our Danish Gymnasium?
Would you like to be in an international gymnasium? Would you like to take your 1.g year in English?
The Pre-IB is a one-year programme, taught in English, which prepares you for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Danish students and International students are welcome onto the Pre-IB.
How to apply:
- Students in Danish 9. kl / 10. kl:
Students should apply via optagelse.dk by 1st March 2022. Please also register your interest via OpenApply.
- International schools / schools outside Denmark:
Students should apply via OpenApply.
Who is it for?
- Danish students of minimum 15 years of age choose the Pre-IB to ensure their English is ready for the IB Diploma and to complement their 9 or 10 years of schooling. The Pre-IB provides a firm grounding in the different approaches to learning in the IB Diploma. The Pre-IB is by law equivalent to the first year of the Danish gymnasium (stx).
- After the Pre-IB year the students can choose to begin the IB Diploma or follow the second year at the Danish gymnasium (2.g).
- International students with an international school background (min. age 15) can choose the Pre-IB because it gives them more time to ready themselves for the IB Diploma. During this year, students can enhance their skills before entering the IB Diploma Programme.
We offer the following subjects:
General subject equivalent to a Danish 1.g:
- English A
- Danish A or "ab initio"(from the beginning)
- History A
- Social Studies C
- Physics C
- Chemistry C
- Biology C
- Maths B
- Visual Arts or Music C
- Physical Education
- French and German B continuation course or Spanish A "ab initio" (from the beginning)
- General linguistics including an intro to Latin (AP)
- Interdisciplinary basic science (NV)
Special subject for Pre-IB at NGG that prepare the students especially for the IB Diploma:
- Global Perspectives
- 21st Century Skills
The following subjects can end with an exam:
- Visual Arts
- Social Studies