Why did Amalie and Zoe choose an IB?
Amalie – studying medicine today
Advantages of doing the IB:
- Your English skills are very good. Most books and all scientific articles in medical school are in English. This means language will not be a barrier to learning the curriculum, which will make it much easier to pick up new material and follow along in lectures.
- You will be used to pick up new material fast.
- You will be good at remembering what you learn. Since the IB does not allow you to bring notes to exams you will be well prepared for this at university.
- Your science and math skills will be very good compared to many other students. Furthermore, having learned the sciences and scientific terms in English is a major advantage!
Disadvantages of doing the IB – but also when doing stx:
- It is hard to get high marks – you must work hard
- You might have to do a GSK course to get the required level of maths/science/language. It all depends on your choices
Zoe – studying social science at Roskilde University
“I would highly recommend the IB diploma program, as it gives you a broad scope of in depth knowledge, trains you to have a rigorous work ethic and inspires you to think globally”