School fees

School fees

Please find our school fees in the tables below.

Fees for children registered in Early Years:

For children enrolled in Early Years that live in Fredensborg Kommune, the monthly fee is approx. 1950 DKK for 11 months of the year, once the subsidy is deducted. Some other Kommune/municipalities also offer a subsidy for the Early Years fees; this can be up to 70%. Please contact your kommune to find out more.

Since Hørsholm Kommune doesn’t grant subsidy to private childcare, parents living in Hørsholm Kommune pay DKK 5.510 per month.

School fees for students registered in Years 1-11:

1st child

    DKK: 2.870 - 11 months per year

2nd child   

    DKK: 2.430 - 11 months per year

3rd child

    DKK: 1.890 - 11 months per year 

4th child


Information: School fees increase by approx. 3,9% per April 1 2023. 

Registration fees:

You can apply for a place for your child at NIS through OpenApply. Once you have submitted all the relevant documents, you will be asked to pay a registration fees of 2000 DKK (Early Years - Year 11 only) (non refundable) to complete the application. If a student is accepted and enrolled at NIS and does not start, the deposit will NOT be returned.


Once we have offered your child a place at NIS, parents are asked to pay a deposit of 3000 DKK to secure the place. This deposit will be returned after the child has left the school, all invoices have been paid and school books returned. The deposit will not be reimbursed if a student has received school subsidy.


Parents are asked to provide 1 clear calendar month’s written notice of withdrawal (this does not include the month in which the withdrawal is given). All fees will be charged through to the end of the notified month of withdrawal. Withdrawal forms can be found on Firefly or can be obtained from the front office.